We have up to 198 children on roll which are divided between seven classes:
Two Reception classes, two Year 1 classes and two Year 2 classes.
We also have a Specialist Resource Base (SRB) which caters for up to 18 infants with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
The school was built in 1950 and shares the site with Sprowston Junior School. The School is constantly updated and well maintained. In recent years we have redesigned and refurbished the Reception and Year 1 inside and outside areas and have developed a brand new library. Classrooms are large and self-contained. Our facilities include:
- A large school hall well equipped for PE and Music
- Well-resourced and stimulating outdoor areas used by all year groups
- Interactive whiteboards in all classes
- Ipads and laptops for use by pupils
- A well-stocked library
- A specialist resource base (SRB) for autistic children
- Easy and regular access to the recreation ground for sports and activities
- A playground for outdoor PE and break times
- Outdoor play equipment like basketball hoops, hula hoops, skittles and scooters available at lunch time breaks
- Sprowston Infant School Nursery on site.
Some of the things we are proud of are:
- Ofsted report February 2020 rating as “good”
- Strong links with the local playgroups
- Strong links with Sprowston Junior School sited on the same grounds
- Practice in Reception rated as ‘outstanding’.
- Strong support from our parents and community.